Support rural education through making a donation today
The Rural Education Institute of Mexico relies solely on the support from generous donors. A donation makes a big difference in the lives of the children and youth who participate in our community partnering programs.
Donations of all sizes are crucial for our program to run effectively – on average, a $50 donation provides 5 books for rural libraries, a $150 donation ensures that we have educational supplies for two months, a $400 donation covers the cost of one laptop, and a $300 donation supports a child in high school for one year (including registration, uniform, books, and transportation).
A donation to the Rural Education Institute of Mexico makes a great difference in the lives of children and youth that participate in our programming.
Priority financial needs
- Don Diego Community Center Sponsorship - $9,500 (USD) to finish the Don Diego community Center covers the cost still needed for expansion to one new community (construction, materials, and equipping computer lab)
- Staffing, Operations, and Programming of one community per year - $7,622.40 (USD)
Other ways to contribute
Please check our wish-list for ideas of in-kind donations. If you're interested in making a donation toward the wish list or if you'd like to donate other new or gently used items in good condition, please contact us. Thank you for your support!
- Books (Spanish and English)
- Games (for ages 5 - 15)
- Educational Supplies i.e. Activity Books, English language acquisition books
- Basic Supplies (pencils, pens, markers, paper, glue, tape etc.)
- Furniture (tables, chairs, rugs, shelving etc)
- High School Scholarship for a student for one year
See how you can become a volunteer today. Visit our Job Opportunities page.